We all know the basics of good dental hygiene, brush and floss twice a day, visit the dentist every six months and avoiding sugary foods. But what are the things we’re doing that aren’t so great for our teeth? Here is a list of 10 things that you might be doing that could be negatively affecting your teeth.
- Using your teeth as tools
- Grinding your teeth
- Using a brush with too firm bristles
- Chewing ice
- Consuming sugary foods and beverages
- Nail biting
- Flossing incorrectly
- Playing sports without a mouthguard
- Incorrect brushing technique
- Not replacing your brush regularly
So there ya have it! Do your best to avoid these bad habits and continue to brush and floss every day.
Dr. Joedi Pasut
Alpine Smiles Family Dentistry
1600 W. University Ave #113